Discuss Sime friendly format 80, Only warm HW, heating fine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pug100

Hi,

I am having a problem with my Sime freindly (friendly is a loose term)format 80 combi boiler,

it wont give me hot water for anymore than 2-3 seconds then goes warm then less warm :confused:

Can anyone help me please, i have been looking at forums and now have no idea what i need. more confussed as there probs not exactly the same as mine.

hi check dhw thermistor or possible scaled dhw heat exchanger if your in a hard water area with more than 200 ppm. of hardness . thats to start with, easy things first. regards Rod A

Hi Rod,

Thanks for reply, have been told it might be the divertor valve!! is this me jumping the gun??

Thanks Gary

Hi, gary could be the divertor valve [diapham weak but this causes a on/off problem rarther than temp problem, Rod.

ah right thanks Rod so less likely to be that, i will try what you have suggested when i get home, is it possible to be heat exchanger??.

Also if i pull the boiler to bits is anything im doing here going to get me wet or killed??? :)

You shouldn't be touching the boiler if you are not qualified. Touching the heat exchanger could be illegal as you have no Gas Safe qualifications. And yes if you interfere with it you could get killed and also kill everyone else in the household. You need to get an engineer.

Thanks chaps, i decided not to touch it as im still to young to die :), have already had 2 engineers out to diag the fault but both had different ideas as what was wrong with it! so thought i would see what the consenses was on here as this forum has always helped me with other plumbing problems.

Hi - I also have a very similar problem in that the water stays hot(ish) for about 2-3 minutes then goes cold. Have had an engineer out twice but problem persists. Have you had any luck with solutions?

Jean Musker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sime friendly format 80, Only warm HW, heating fine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock