Search the forum,

Discuss Shower trap query, drains smell in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have recently bought a house where there is a constant drains smell in the downstairs wet room. I suspect that the trap is not sealing but I can't find how to seal this particular trap. I wonder if there is something missing that would seal it. The trap and drains are clear. Any help would be very appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_20211212_210723.jpg
    IMG_20211212_210723.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 6
Hi - make sure there is actually water in the trap - sounds stupid, but it happens if not used for a while - can dry out and obviously doesnt seal off the drain!

Reply to Shower trap query, drains smell in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock