Search the forum,

Discuss Shower cartridge replacement in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I am replacing a new shower cartridge on a Alterna Amala concentric thermostatic mixer valve
I was sent the wrong part , so i am awaiting the replacement .However when i reassembled the old one i was unable to move the shower lever ..So my question is when i fit the new one is the cartridge when screwed in just hand tight or should it be nipped up .and the cover over the housing should that just be hand tight .I did take it apart and just put the cartridge hand tight it seems ok , so still unsure
Thanks in advance

Reply to Shower cartridge replacement in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

How do i replace the quarter turn cartridge on this cooke & lewis ricci bath mixer tap . Normally there is a grub screw somewhere to take the handle off, but for the life of me i cannot find one on this mixer. Any helpful suggestions would be greatfully received.
Replies
Views
Hi, I can’t get one cartridge to budge when trying to replace in a mixer tap. The hot side cartridge was tight but removed with wrench comfortably, but cold side is so tight Ive burred the nut on the cartridge. Any advice on how else to remove the cartridge without damaging the mixer tap is...
Replies
Views
A
I'm replacing the shower cartridge on my Bristan 1901 Thermostatic Exposed Dual Control Shower (Top Outlet). I have removed the cap and screw but the temperature handle won't come off. Am I missing something or does it just need more force?
Replies
Views
AlexTTT
A
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic control. The hot was not getting hot enough recently so (under instructions from the manufacturer) I removed the allen key valves bottom left and right...
Replies
Views
M
i currently have a valve/cartridge that controls only temperature is you turn it one way or the other. is it possible to remove the cartridge to replace it with one that can control both volume and flow rate? it may be about 30 years old/original to home. everything is accessible as i am...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock