Search the forum,

Discuss Service manuals in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macplumb

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Got a disk off the interweb with over 1000 service manuals a while back. I have just loaded them to a old laptop and put it on the van. Dose anyone else do this or is it just me been a geek

There are a few good sites around where you can download manuals. I got a 4 gig flash drive and put aload on that, keep it in the van and if I'm stuck I use the customers computer and print em a copy off. Looking for a cheap laptop to keep in the van at the mo. Oh the days when we could get by with 2 adjustable spanners and a hammer!

ive got a i pad i have 8 gb of manuals in pdf and i use it all the time is awesome

I have an old laptop, got a website for the manuals but don't want to be buying mobile broadband, so would like to get a disc with all the manuals. How much did it cost ye ?

ive got a i pad i have 8 gb of manuals in pdf and i use it all the time is awesome

probably a dumb question but how do you get the manuals into the ipad - has it got a usb port to plug a memory card into ?

I got the samasung nc-10 netbook. It has a 9 hour battery life. Fits perfectly under the seat (when the apprentice hasn't nicked it) and only have to charge it once every 3 months

Only draw back is that I had to strip windows and remove all software that could hinder battery life

If you do buy a samsung make sure you get the 9 hour battery and not the 4.5. Worth it in the long run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive got hundreds and hundreds of boiler and fire manuals about 10 gb worth in pdf format from alpha to Zimmerman and everything in-between got lpg natural gas industrial commercial domestic i sent a member on here the whole lot a few weeks ago . im in the middle of converting the new r d trelor gas technology ed 2 in to pdf ready to put on disk ect so i can read it like a book but on he screen when im out and about ,

i really find this helps saves carrying hundreds of books in passenger foot well

Last edited by a moderator:
You have probably been unindated with requests, but if I send some discs, would it be possible to also copy the manuals for me??
many thanks

John

ive done this for a few people on here pm me for details Pete

Yep keep all my manuals on my laptop an saving up for a iPad.....

Got 2500 manuals from e-bay for less than a tenner. Called Gas-pro i think and is a 10 cd box of them. Very very good. Only had to download a few after that.

I've had discs and downloaded them. I also have a small dell netbook with 3 mobile broadband so i don't have to worry about going back to mine to print off the MI's.
Only used it so far when servicing commercial appliances when they didn't have the manuals. Looks more proffessional than papers scattered around everywhere.

thats the same as i do its very good if there is a fault code on a boiler you haven't got the book click click looks very professional

I've had discs and downloaded them. I also have a small dell netbook with 3 mobile broadband so i don't have to worry about going back to mine to print off the MI's.
Only used it so far when servicing commercial appliances when they didn't have the manuals. Looks more proffessional than papers scattered around everywhere.

how much does that cost you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Service manuals in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Am I the only one struggling to find appliances' manuals online? I know it's hard enough with cookers and old gas fires but I've just been unable to find the manual for an Ideal Exclusive. I thought I had found it but it turns out the GC number was different. Given the law says "refer to MI"...
Replies
Views
Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler was flashing SE even before I arrived, which I assumed the service reminder needed resetting. After completing the service I contact Glow Worm to...
Replies
Views
G
I recently had a service on my worcester bosch boiler by Warmserve supposedly reputable which is under guarantee and before the service I had no problems but straight after the service I had a leak from the boiler which when the service engineer came back told me I needed a new condensate trap...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice on this boiler and fault. E229. Went there and condensate was totally blocked so cleaned it and still not fixed. Then serviced it and still got the fault. Called up worcester and one says its the gas valve as it is making a 3 whoosing noises while...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant Ecotec Plus combi boiler that was installed just over 6 years ago. It has been serviced annually, the most recent service being about 2 months ago. The controller is a Vaillant VRT 350f wireless type. Recently a spanner symbol and a “Service Heat Generator” message have...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock