Discuss sentinel system filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

muddy waters

i'm considering fitting one of these. manufacturer's instructions state that filter should be mounted vertically and preferably on boiler return pipe and at least one metre from the boiler. due to layout of my system it's only practical to mount vertically on the ch flow pipe and about 250mm after the mid position valve (5 metres away from boiler). system would be flushed before installing filter. does this sound ok? thanks for any replies.

well it wants to be on the return really,so it can catch any rubbish before if enters your boiler and heat exchanger

I would prefer to use the fernox of magna clean unit,as not big fan of anything sentinel,but maybe even they can fit a magnet in a unit ok

However fitting a unit somewhere is better than nothing sometimes,what make,model of boiler is it?

imho

thanks puddle. it's a 17 year old baxi solo. i'm cleaning the system with x400 and will then fit filter and add x100. i know boiler is getting on a bit but it works well and i know the next one won't last as long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to sentinel system filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock