Discuss Self employment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why bother replying? Why bother even being
On a forum? And as for luck I don't need yours. And if I did need luck
Believe me I wouldn't want it off u!

if thats your attatude to people who,ve been there and done it then carnt wait for a few months down the line when your skint and moaning on here theres no work and youre in peoples houses getting grief will you be as ignorant to them dont think you will last long

this works for me

yellow pages
yell.com
my own website
parish magazines

as well as working with your hands do you like

bookeeping
doing your accounts
preparing quotes
invoices
chasing non paying customers
marketing
maintaining your customer database
lots of lovely paperwork

as has been said there is not much work around (apart from paperwork) and judging by the news its only going to get more difficult

I am familiar with all that paperwork and chasing around non payments
And I'm not looking to make mega £££s
Just something little extra to keep afloat really.
I know things are bad out there.

Then why bother replying? Why bother even being
On a forum? And as for luck I don't need yours. And if I did need luck
Believe me I wouldn't want it off u!

That aint the way to get good advice remember when u wanna come back and start asking questions people may well remember your attitude

If you just want something little extra to keep afloat you'd be better off working in a supermarket (if you can get a job there) you get contracted to a certain amount of hours, and if they can't give you that many they still have to pay you for them, you're guaranteed National Minimum Wage and most have good schemes where you work your way up to managerial positions and nice bonuses.

As a self employed plumber (specially starting out) you'll work every hour possible, be constantly tired, struggling even more so to keep afloat (setting up costs) and I doubt you'd be making enough after NI contributions, van insurance, public liability, advertising etc you'll be making yourself national minimum wage. Its the wrong thing to be looking at if you only want to make a little extra. Sorry if this seems blunt/harsh but its the reality of it.

Well I think plumbing should be good for a career start I'm only 22
And I hate supermarket work or shop work they treat you like a dog

I don't think 3 years experience as a plumbers mate will get you far you need to be realistic there are a lot of good tradesmen out there struggling to find work. With things the way they are you'd be better off stacking shelves at tescos more job security and better pay.

A dog can crap and doesnt have to clean it up. A human can crap and a plumber has to clean it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Self employment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Rad is only a few years old. Paint is flaking away at the top curved section and it looks like faint spots of rust where the rad is now bare.
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock