Discuss sealing around flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks.

Just got some sand cement mix, little job for tomorrow.

if the gaps quite big then use some fibreglass out ya loft to pack it out alittle first. If its a condensing boiler make sure it has a slighty rise to outside, if its a standard non condensing boiler its best to be level or have a slight fall.

also patch it up with the boiler turned off. :)

if the gaps quite big then use some fibreglass out ya loft to pack it out alittle first. If its a condensing boiler make sure it has a slighty rise to outside, if its a standard non condensing boiler its best to be level or have a slight fall.

also patch it up with the boiler turned off. :)
Good advice thanks as the hole is a right mess as core drill not used so the brick is a mess.

Photo of flue, this was all boxed in and screws were filled over and painted. So once done i'll make sure the panel will be easily removable for inspection.

Attachments

• CAM00254.jpg
    CAM00254.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 199
Last edited by a moderator:
hahaha thats a gud one i love pics. sand and cement like the guys say but fire rated foam aint illigal as far as i know ( please quote bs if im wrong or edit post mods), as long as no fumes come back in and the filling substance has a fire rating.

Suppose it would have been better to post photo earlier, however as new to forum i have only just found out how to do it.

Never too late fella. I'd have the installer back as making good is part of the job......

Total shyte job. Don't want to worry you but if he left that what else has he left. Maybe down to the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to sealing around flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock