Discuss Scrap prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tackleburger

Ant truth in the rumour that prices have dropped?

not weighed in for a while, but at my merchants they have dropped the price of tube twice recently and they say its due to go down again

i should imagine that the scrap trade follows the same trends.....unfortunately

Short answer, Yes, i weighed in last week and it was down 40p a KG for clean copper on a couple of weeks ago..

any ides on the brass scrap prices i have got a shed full of taps tmvs and mixer valves

3 days ago I was given 4400 kilo on clean copper and 2700 on Brass, hope this helps

3 days ago I was given 4400 kilo on clean copper and 2700 on Brass, hope this helps

£4400 a kilo??!! Where was that? Just takin me floorboards up to get the last few metres of pipe out and I'll be there!! :D

Ive got a bucket of taps, rad valves, sink wastes, mixers etc so full I can hardly lift it. Gotta get it in soon!

Last year I bought a big brass elephant from a car boot sale for a fiver and weighed it in for £22 later that week!

Last edited:
4000killos .....where do you store it ??? I will come and help you next time to get rid of it if you hate storing it ! I can keep an eye on the copper for you if you like :) :) :) :)

If any of you know it, i got those prices from Nebbett's, nr Croydon - www.scrap-man.co.uk , they always seem to give decent prices - Not advertising this firm, just recommending. Did see a guy scrapping a bundle of 22 and a bundle of 15, not even opened.

Brass not bad lil earner been taking the brass of the boilers i rip out now to the annoyance of the scrap man that takes them away,,,,what we do for beer tokens

If any of you know it, i got those prices from Nebbett's, nr Croydon - www.scrap-man.co.uk , they always seem to give decent prices - Not advertising this firm, just recommending. Did see a guy scrapping a bundle of 22 and a bundle of 15, not even opened.

:eek::eek::eek: scrapped bundle of 15&22 thats criminal!!!!!......:)regards turnpin

you should have give the man £50 for it he would have been happy ,not probably I think is more then %100 is stolen !

I wish i could express my self how I would react if I see some one offloading my van !

probably one of the reason connaughts went pear shaped would often see guys who work for them scrapping bundles of copper down the scrappies then plumbers buying the bundles dirt cheap lol win win for scrappy

That get's my goat that does usually local council blokes or theives. I had my pipe carrier bust open last Decenber collected 5 x 28, 8 x 22 and a full bundle of 15mm all nicked. Irony is it was the only day for months I'd managed to finish early enough to get stock for the next day and I had a big job on so felt good to get my stuff and get a flyer in the morning. Drove 1/2 an hour to the job had a tea, unloaded, got the boards up went to get the pipe then realised it had been nabbed.

Ive often wondered how much the scrap man sells it on for and to who! anyone know ?:

went today with a 900x450 cylinder, got £28. they say the price has gone down but not by much.
ended up spending back £20 on 22&28mm yorkie fittings i couldnt resist out of the 3 boxs they had.i paid £6 a kilo for the fittings.
the scrappy says hardly any plumbers have been in for weeks and those that have say work is scarce.
one bloke last week, a plumber pulled some stock pipes out of his garage so he could afford some fuel to go to a job he had booked in.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would not sell for that much redsaw -would hold it till x mas if i have to but £28 -no way

If I wasnt a heating engineer, I would fancy running a scrappy, loads of money...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Scrap prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
I am in process of replacing an existing sink with a new stainless steel one. The existing tap is plumbed directly to copper which means that it...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock