Currently reading:
Scrap prices

Discuss Scrap prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
not weighed in for a while, but at my merchants they have dropped the price of tube twice recently and they say its due to go down again

i should imagine that the scrap trade follows the same trends.....unfortunately

Ive got a bucket of taps, rad valves, sink wastes, mixers etc so full I can hardly lift it. Gotta get it in soon!

Last year I bought a big brass elephant from a car boot sale for a fiver and weighed it in for £22 later that week!

Last edited:
4000killos .....where do you store it ??? I will come and help you next time to get rid of it if you hate storing it ! I can keep an eye on the copper for you if you like :) :) :) :)

If any of you know it, i got those prices from Nebbett's, nr Croydon - www.scrap-man.co.uk , they always seem to give decent prices - Not advertising this firm, just recommending. Did see a guy scrapping a bundle of 22 and a bundle of 15, not even opened.

Brass not bad lil earner been taking the brass of the boilers i rip out now to the annoyance of the scrap man that takes them away,,,,what we do for beer tokens

you should have give the man £50 for it he would have been happy ,not probably I think is more then %100 is stolen !

I wish i could express my self how I would react if I see some one offloading my van !

probably one of the reason connaughts went pear shaped would often see guys who work for them scrapping bundles of copper down the scrappies then plumbers buying the bundles dirt cheap lol win win for scrappy

If any of you know it, i got those prices from Nebbett's, nr Croydon - www.scrap-man.co.uk , they always seem to give decent prices - Not advertising this firm, just recommending. Did see a guy scrapping a bundle of 22 and a bundle of 15, not even opened.

That get's my goat that does usually local council blokes or theives. I had my pipe carrier bust open last Decenber collected 5 x 28, 8 x 22 and a full bundle of 15mm all nicked. Irony is it was the only day for months I'd managed to finish early enough to get stock for the next day and I had a big job on so felt good to get my stuff and get a flyer in the morning. Drove 1/2 an hour to the job had a tea, unloaded, got the boards up went to get the pipe then realised it had been nabbed.

went today with a 900x450 cylinder, got £28. they say the price has gone down but not by much.
ended up spending back £20 on 22&28mm yorkie fittings i couldnt resist out of the 3 boxs they had.i paid £6 a kilo for the fittings.
the scrappy says hardly any plumbers have been in for weeks and those that have say work is scarce.
one bloke last week, a plumber pulled some stock pipes out of his garage so he could afford some fuel to go to a job he had booked in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Scrap prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock