Discuss scrap copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next time i go to the scrap yd im going top tell them im a rag and bone man and no fixed address and see what they say or if anyone does this before me, let all on here know.

End of an era......... never again will I leave a scrappie with a fist full of dirty twentys and stuff them in my back pocket. :disappointed:
And you'll never see that look on the bar maid's face again that says - that's a fiver? I've picked up less minging snotty hankies.

This is most depressing. I have a nice stockpile of copper and lead that I was planning to take in next week for Christmas drinks. Gutted.

I'l just get my dad to go anyway, they'll give him a personal cheque and I'll get the readys off him or am I missing something?

I'l just get my dad to go anyway, they'll give him a personal cheque and I'll get the readys off him or am I missing something?

Yes a good idea as my dad has offered too but they might still have tax liability with pensions other income etc.

from inland revenue:
Mistakes are often made when recording sales if:

• you take stock for personal or family consumption
  • you supply goods or services to someone else in return for goods or services - barter transactions
Even if you don't record these transactions through a till you still need to keep a record of them. You should note down the goods or services taken or supplied and their normal retail price, and your business profits must be worked out using this value.

So we can not take the copper out of the business without it being sold to ourselves and we cant bartor in anyway for it "I swapped the copper with my wife for a snog" doesnt count as you have to pay for the snog!!!

So were we allowed to do it before, answer NO. are we now being policed, YES.

I am so confused though "no fixed abode" = pikey that has just stolen that lead off a church roof

if you think we have got it bad, take a look at what the scrappies now have to do,

license to take scrap, license to get rid of scrap, keep records of dealings, police have right to enter and inspect property, buying scrap for cash is now an offence, display license, verify suppliers identity, if unlicensed they will be shut down.

So why is it the wrong people being punished for these pikees causing trouble.

on the news they did say, "there is loop holes that need addressing and will be addressed in next few months"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to scrap copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back