Discuss scrap copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local yard have taken photo id for some time,now they are having to take photo id, utility bill and pay with cheque or directly into bank. I have had a waste carriers licence since 2009. As a lot of my work is commercial air conditioning some customers want to see it and waste transfer notes for recovered refrigerant. I tried to take a boiler section into a large yard and the only way i could get rid of it with out full id etc was to give it to them!

I don't see what the hassle is with getting a waste licence. You may not agree with it but is it really worth the risk of getting fined for £50 a year? 1 decent scrap run will pay for it anyway.

I think with scrap not being able to be paid cash as of monday, the government will then have an easy trail of who is weighing in and no doubt check up on waste carriers licenses. They know how to squeeze every penny out of us!

I'd imagine so too.

Oh this year you started weighing in scrap, have you done so in previous years?.....No, honestly never been near a scrap yard!

I think with scrap not being able to be paid cash as of monday, the government will then have an easy trail of who is weighing in and no doubt check up on waste carriers licenses. They know how to squeeze every penny out of us![/QUOTE]

Yeah with duck pond's and houses "they" live in and also rent out ect Even Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask.....

been to scrap yard today, nothing asked apart from name and where you live........ cash, done.

btw im Barry from up north. :)

I see a solution to both this and the minimum alcohol price, load van, take ferry to France / Ireland, weigh in scrap, load van with booze, return and feel smug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to scrap copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock