Search the forum,

Discuss Say hello to my little friend... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alex Knight

Bumped into this little fella tonight

my6aduva.jpg

zunudyga.jpg

Got me thinking what's the worst thing people have found whilst on the job? I appreciate a dead rat really isn't that bad compared to some things lol

Mouse jam, never fun when they're moist!

Attachments

• mouse jam.jpg
    mouse jam.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMAG0058.jpg
    IMAG0058.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 65
bloke i worked with when i was an apprentice met a tarantula under a floor, the spider got to keep his tools.

Serviced an oil boiler, nothing dead or bad, it was the very much alive 15 ft Burmese python i was sharing the room with that i didn't like finding !!!

Not many rats but loads of dead condoms - oh and cat poo CHK

The lady custard informed me her collie was a tad nervous of men yesturday, as soon as she left the room the brute threw itself at me all teeth and saliva, so i backed out the door quickly and slammed the door, not quick enough it would seem as the door didnt shut properly, as the dogs head was stuck in it :) cant say the lady was over happy, but I was chuffed to bits I was in one piece still. Had to wait outside for my cheque :)

collies all over round here, I hate them, seems they know it though!

Went in a few weeks ago to a Potterton Puma that has packed up. Lower the from panel and a mouse had both front feet in the exposed terminals on the top of the built in timer. I moved the little fella and he fell apart.........think he was in shock !!!

for some reason i find mummified magpies behind fires on a servicing never found another bird when they are brown bread. but i have saved a wood pigeon and a baby magpie in the last year or so.

for some reason i find mummified magpies behind fires on a servicing never found another bird when they are brown bread. but i have saved a wood pigeon and a baby magpie in the last year or so.

Yeh get calls from animal rescue place some times - usually early summer for wood pigeons behind fires! Nice when u let them go!

When i lived and worked in Hastings, got a call complainng that the bathroom tap water tasted "funny". Went to the CWS and found 3 pigeon skeletons and feathers

Worst thing has to be a 90 odd year old woman's incontinence pad (used) on the window sill of the bathroom I was working in.

Found a dead Jackdaw lying in the bottom of a cold storage tank in an attic. Fully intact despite it must have there a long while as the tank had a lid & jacket fitted long ago. It disintegrated when it was removed.
Taps on basins were fed with this water - toothbrushes sitting there too! Glad it wasn't me!

Worst thing has to be a 90 odd year old woman's incontinence pad (used) on the window sill of the bathroom I was working in.
Working for HA, one house we were outing full ch and the old Arab lady must be about 99 used to walk out to the front door and throw the content of a little unit on the grass .......

Last edited:
The smell was disgusting and you could smell it from 5 houses down the road just like bloked sewage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Say hello to my little friend... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently widowed and her 90yo husband who has since passed insisted on doing everything for himself. Nothing wrong with that but now that he has gone my wife...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
H
Hello everyone , just see if anyone has any advice on the best places and ways to advertise my little part time private business I’m starting in gas and heating . I work for a company full time , but would like to have a few jobs every now and then as well privately , but struggling to get...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution I could see. I'm in Brisbane, Australia but I'm after general ideas from anyone here or in UK (I realise this is a UK based site). Point form...
Replies
Views
I moved into a flat over a month ago now and realized when trying to take a shower that there was little to no hot water - at this time I would turn the water on full out, it would stay cold for maybe 30 sec, it would then get noticeably warmer (lukewarm) and then run out again in maybe 15...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock