Search the forum,

Discuss Same 3 radiators need regular bleeding in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

Can anyone shed some light on why the three same radiators need constant bleeding? There's about 13 radiators in my house and it's a close vented system. Two of the rads are upstairs and one is downstairs. It's a old house and the rads have also been there for a while, my guesses are either they're full of clogging black stuff or they need balancing.

Thanks

By close vented do you mean its a pressurized system with a E.vessel?. If so. and you are getting air ingress then the system pressure should slowly rise and return to original pressure after venting without any top up, if it requires top up after venting then likely hydrogen build up from corrosion or whatever.

Reply to Same 3 radiators need regular bleeding in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
I bought the a bleed valve from S****fix about a year ago: s****fix.com/p/radiator-vent-blanking-plug-nickel-2-pack/40972 It worked fine initially, but I noticed that the little bleed screw needed to be turned a little tighter each time I bled that radiator to seal it up again. Having bled it...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Hi, whenever my Gloworm 18r is on even if I leave it on non-stop for 6 hours the flame symbol for the burner never switches off and the radiator icon never stops flashing implying the rads are calling for more heat, even though they're all red hot and have been for hours, is this a fault or just...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock