Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss salamander pumps for 2 different outkets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

-=HaZ=-

Hey guys I was just wanting to know if you could help me out with a little advice regarding pumps to be used on the 2 different jobs iv been asked on, iv installed a couple of different ones with no issues but I have been asked with regards to these 2 jobs

First one is basically just a pump needed for 1 shower to be used off it.... They dont want it to be used on normal taps etc...What would people recommend for this type needed

The second job iv been asked about they have very low pressure in the bath as the taps are standing taps so stand high .... They have 2 upstairs showers aswell which need more pressure so they want a pump to control all the hot taps in the house but aren't bothered about the cold feed as this is direct to the taps

If anyone could help with model names n numbers etc that would be great.... Anything else you need to know please ask, with models n stuff I can check if they are compatible with there systems

Or if there is any other really good make of pump as iv been looking at a lot of different ones

Stuart Turner are my favourite, I've seen them run for thirty years when well installed. Haven't used them but understand Salamander is also well thought of.

For your jobs:

First one should be straightforward. Don't forget you'll need separate cold feed from cold water cistern, and flange fitting or other arrangement as required by the manufacturer for the feed from the hot water cylinder.

Second job could be very complicated. Sounds as if they have mains fed cold to all outlets and cylinder fed hot water . If you pump the the hot but not the cold, you'll need a different pump from a shower pump, as its only going to pump one side. You'll also run the risk of unbalanced pressures and possibly poor shower performance. I'd prefer to transfer all pumped outlets cold supply to the cold water storage cistern and pump both hot and cold. You aren't allowed to pump mains fed supplies at more than 12 litres per minute.

Agree with above ^^ Stuart & Turner are excellent. They make pumps for other well known brands I believe.
Your first job that is just a shower pump, I would say is easy & you might prefer a lower powered twin pump if just a single head shower. Just be careful to select a negative head pump if the shower head is near, or above cold tank, or if pipes are up & over an attic, etc.
An unvented cylinder is by far the cheapest way to have powerful supplies all over a house, if you have good flow & pressure at incoming mains. Also nice & quiet & non mechanical.

Cheers guys..... Been looking at that make aswell
The job for the full house I'm sure has a cold feed from the loft but will obviously double check
The job that's straight to the shower I know has a hot and cold feed in the sane cupboard

For the full house what bar pump would you look for in buying?
For the single a 1.5 should be fine yeah?

Thanks

The hot feed pipe in the cupboard would need to be from an air free supply, as MIs.
The cold feed also would need to be an independent supply.
1.5 or 2 bar is decent for a standard shower IMO.
I know for sure that a shower pump of just over 2 bar was brilliant for a single shower.

The hot feed pipe in the cupboard would need to be from an air free supply, as MIs.
The cold feed also would need to be an independent supply.
1.5 or 2 bar is decent for a standard shower IMO.
I know for sure that a shower pump of just over 2 bar was brilliant for a single shower.
Yeah sorry I didn't make it clear about the lines in the same cupboard ... I know to use a flange and to use a feed from the cold water storage tank.....
Thanks for helping guys.. Think I have cleared what I need to up....

:):):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to salamander pumps for 2 different outkets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar...
Replies
Views
T
plumber purchased and installed a salamander shower pump, pump has stopped working after being used for just less than 6 months. Plumber has...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have a standard gravitational system at home and a Salamander pump CT force 30pt is part of the hot water system for the 2nd floor...
Replies
Views
I live most of the year on a tiny Caribbean island with no mains water. I collect rain in a 25,000 gallon cistern which is then pumped to the...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Negative pump fitted that was sourced used to keep costs low. The pump has followed all the tests provided by Salamander support...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock