Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water system issue in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,

We have a standard gravitational system at home and a Salamander pump CT force 30pt is part of the hot water system for the 2nd floor.

For the last three months, the pump didn't work well and wasn't starting to generate pressure each time we opened the taps/shower handle.
At the beginning it only stopped for a few minutes before to re-engage.
Then it was only working a few seconds before to stop.
Then it stopped working completely.

The pump has been working fine for the last 3 years (minus 4months) that we have been in the property.

I did the recommended Salamander checks:
  • 1 litre on the hot within 30 seconds - achieved in 31 seconds
  • 1 litre on the cold within 30 seconds - achieved in 22 seconds
  • 1 litre on mixed within 15 seconds - achieved in 13 seconds

No issue downstairs with hot and cold and no issue with the heating system, etc.

I went to the attic to look at the gravitational cold water storage, everything looks fine, all the piping are fine, no leak, all valves open, floater for tank refill works fine, etc.

The inlet filters are totally clean, and shower handle and tap “noses” are free of scale, and when the pump was running fine, we clearly had no issue with water jet being blocked by scale of block outlets on the tap/shower handle.

On the existing pump, the WED was 22/11/2021.
The pump was replaced by an “identical” new one from Salamander.

It worked well for one week, pressure was back in the 2nd floor bathroom (shower/bath/sink).

However, after one week of working, the pump stopped completely as well. Unlike the initial pump that was sometimes triggered and creating pressure for a few minutes/seconds, this new one just stopped totally never to start again.

Could someone please advise on what to check next.

Reply to Hot water system issue in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock