Discuss right here it goes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eddiebrown424

round the exes who complained that her DHW was not working. Greenstar system boiler pressurised system was low pressure so I topped it up. There are 2 dials on the boiler one central heating and one for DHW. Read that the dhw dial only works if there is a diverter valve in the boiler but as there is a three port and two zone valves near the pressurised cylinder I assumed that there wasn't so only the central heating knob would work. The boiler fires fine with this on any setting bar frost stat. there are two danfoss stats and a controller by the boiler but no option for hot water only. I figured if the states were off or less than 10 degrees upstairs and down that the main diverter valve would work however it doesn't. There are TRVs but surely on such an expensive and complicated pressurised system with zone valves there must be a way of having hot water only other than turning off all the TRVs.

Any advice please

Thanks

eddie

a little knowledge is soooooooooo dangerous :) try using the programmer

Installer is required to leave instructions.

Sounds a mess, two zone valves and a three port?

Can you see where the fitter left his horse?

Installer is required to leave instructions.

Sounds a mess, two zone valves and a three port?

Can you see where the fitter left his horse?

What you on about? Y plan with second zone and a two port on the unvented hot water as part of it's safety requirements.

Might want to give a little thought before putting fingers in gear.

Putting whole arm in here!

If two zone valves assuming CH is over 100m2 system as split heating with one of the zone valves, Unless the 3 port is 28mm would suggest that it's restricting the heat output.

Why would you build in a y plan unless its an old system and you couldn't figure it out? Interlock through a three port then zone valve???? Be nice to fault find on! Always convert to s plan with correct size two ports.

I would check that this is wired correctly.

You should contact a suitably experienced contractor with unvented and part p to inspect as suspect that there are a few crossed wires!

there is a three port and two zone valves near the pressurised cylinder. The boiler fires fine with this on any setting bar frost stat. there are two danfoss stats and a controller by the boiler but no option for hot water only.
lets get some clarification here, are you saying it is an unvented HW cylinder
or do you just mean an expansion vessel for the CH system??
boiler works, therefore this is a control issue.
is there an immersion heater that has been heating the water and is now broke, has the boiler ever heated the water??
is there a cylinder stat?
usually the problem will be a faulty zone valve.
post some pictures of the pipework and valves

nope its defo a pressurised cylinder it just looks like there are three stats and no programmer. there is an immersion as a back up and wht I eant was that there are two one valves one for upstairs and on for downstairs. It seems a really complex system for a three bed council house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to right here it goes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock