Discuss Riello RDB Oil Pump Problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Luke

Hello all this is my first post and am a big fan of the forum

I Fitted a New riello rdb pump aprox four weeks ago to replace one that was leaking oil, was phoned and told that now 4 weeks on the burner is making a screetching noise. checked out the motor and pump, and it would seem the new 4 week old pump is turning a bit stiff has any 1 els had this problem??
Pump was set up with oil guage and boiler serviced at time with fga new nozzle hose etc
any advice appreciated

yep sorry to say was only in for a matter of weeks took back merchants was not totally suprised either we had few duff ones when we installed bosch combi extrnals brand new out the box those were both rdb bosch guys took look and changed whole thing

Not had any problems recently, but not to say there aren't any round the corner. What was the pump filter (behind end cover) like? and pump vacuum pressure?

pump filter was spotless. vacuum gauge is out of action (knackerd) You thinking of possible resistance in the oil line ? has anyone seen a new riello oil pump get stiff in a matter of weeks lately? my supplier is in inverness

Did you test the motor and pump unattached?

It can often be difficult to discover which is noisy when coupled together.

Could be the drive dog slipping also but unlikely, or even the fan scraping
the case (this can easily be checked with motor decoupled).

As above, could be the motor bearings especially if the pump was leaking - the kero sucks straight into them and dries them out. You can often 'cure' it with a dro pof 3in1 onto the bearing. As mentioned above, pop the pump off and run the burner for a mo to identify where its coming from. Dont be too sucked into the feel of the pump, when you rotate them with your hands they often feel a bit knackered but its just the pump movement.

yea i had the pump off and ran the motor/fan no problems , problem is intermittent tho but pump is definetly a bit rough/sticky cant understand why tho because it is only 4 weeks old

cant understand why tho because it is only 4 weeks old
I bought a telly once from John Lewis. Had a fault occur within a few weeks, they changed it. Just one of those things.
Stick a new pump on but dont bother setting up til youve run it and heard it.

i wonder would Grant Spares cover the cost of new pump and fitting ? dont see how it should be my customers problem or myn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Riello RDB Oil Pump Problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, all new to this breakdown life, currently waiting on getting on a training course, so just been relying on technical and instructions...
Replies
Views
CJAY40
C
got new oil and tried to start my reillo g3b oil burner ,when it idnt fire and went to lockout i bleed the pump and check the nozzle ,and...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I'm looking for advice to help my heating engineer fix my problem! He actually installed the unit. It’s a 3 year old oil boiler, a...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Hi guys, we moved into a place last Dec with an old Grant Euroflame oil boiler with 4 pipes, one set with a Grundfos pump on it and the other set...
Replies
Views
Sam Grocock
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock