Search the forum,

Discuss New Riello rdb oil pump not working. in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

C

CJAY40

Hi all, all new to this breakdown life, currently waiting on getting on a training course, so just been relying on technical and instructions since I passed my oftec.

The current boiler is a two pipe line off a tiger loop.

I went to a Grant vortex boiler last week where the boiler went into lockout after its purge, the pump was only showing 2bar on the gauge, the solenoid was showing in between the allowances. The photocell was fine, it’s recently had a new nozzle which looked clean. So I opted in for a new pump and rang grant technical and Riello technical to confirm. Which they did.

A couple days later , return to fit the new pump, the pump fired up the boiler for around 10 minutes , after 10 minutes of walking round the house making sure everything’s warm and returning to the boiler, the boiler eventually went back into lockout and won’t fire up again, lockout every time after it’s purge.
Put my gauge on the pump and the pump wasn’t reading anything on the gauge.

Spoke to technical and they said it must be a faulty pump, which is fair enough but I want to know if there is anything else I can check so I can eliminate other components so I don’t fit a new pump and have the same outcome.

Any help would be appreciated! Thankyou

Reply to New Riello rdb oil pump not working. in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock