Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing Programmer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I currently have a British Gas UP2 programmer and have been thinking for some time about replacing it with one that will allow me to program the central heating and hot water to come on at different times to each other as well as having different times for different days.

Is it just a case of getting a new programmer that does this and then swapping it over with the old one, ensuring the wires all go to the right terminals or is there a lot more involved?

Many thanks,
Carl.

Should be ok if you're electrically minded, I advise a Honeywell st9400c

Do you have a 3port valve or 2 x 2 ports?

A UP2 is a rebranded Drayton LP722. It allows full independent setting of water and heating.

If you have a mid position valve and can't get independent control, it is wired wrong.

Ignore me, take tams advise.

Last edited:
If you have a mid position valve and can't get independent control, it is wired wrong.

Hi,

I can make the heating and hot water come on independently manually for example using the advance button on whichever one I want on, but there is no option to program them independently of each other, in that aspect its all or nothing!

[DLMURL]http://www.draytoncontrols.co.uk/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=28346[/DLMURL]

Have a read.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are switches on the back of the programmer I think to switch between independent timing or both together.

Thats true some do some don't. I forgot about that.
If you look on the back there will be 3 sets of jumpers
The top one sets independant control.

Thats true some do some don't. I forgot about that.
If you look on the back there will be 3 sets of jumpers
The top one sets independant control.

Ok, I have the timer off now, so I'm presuming that the middle jumper that is labelled either "1" or "7" which is currently set to "1" should be on 7 as well?

the 1 and 7 is if you want 7 days all with the same timings leave on 1 or 5 days the same and 2 days i.e. week and weekend then put it on 7

Ok, I have the timer off now, so I'm presuming that the middle jumper that is labelled either "1" or "7" which is currently set to "1" should be on 7 as well?

Whatever you like.
They are actually a very good reliable programmer.

Thanks everyone for your help, it is now doing exactly as I wanted it to do, and even better has saved me going out and buying a new one, glad I asked!! Thanks again.

Sorry for hijacking a thread. But I just wondered what the different "jumpers" are for. Obviously the 1 and 7 jumper is for the 7 day programming. I am guessing the P and G jumper is for pump or Gravity fed. But what is the L jumper for?

Many thanks

Hi Ads,

Not sure what the L stands for, maybe linked?

But basically, it sets whether you can program the heating and hot water to come on at different times to each other or not.

Carlos.

Hi Ads,

Not sure what the L stands for, maybe linked?

But basically, it sets whether you can program the heating and hot water to come on at different times to each other or not.

Carlos.

Thanks, I'll leave well alone, but just wondered.
cheers

Hi

when I have my hot water on the heating comes on.
This has only just happened.

I have a mid position valve would this be stuck or broken and need replacing?

You should have probably started a new thread mate, as more people may comment on it. Sounds like the 3 port is stuck or damaged. Can you post a picture of it, and we may be able to advise more?

Some valves you can remove the actuator head and free the spindle to move fully, but if the pendulum ball (only way I can describe it) inside is damaged, then you will need a new valve.

I have a salus single/two channel programmer put the heating on manually yesterday for two hours .It came on for the two hours but when it went off it did not come on again looks as if the programmer has no power will not switch on

I have a salus single/two channel programmer put the heating on manually yesterday for two hours .It came on for the two hours but when it went off it did not come on again looks as if the programmer has no power will not switch on

Hi Catherine, wouldn`t be powered by a battery would it?

Really need you to register and start your own thread that way your liable to get a better response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing Programmer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock