Discuss Replacing mechanical timeswitch with Siemens REV24RF in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

danuk04

I'm replacing a traditional mechanical heating/hot water timeswitch with a Siemens REV24RF. The old timeswitch has traitional wiring NL1234 with NL and 34 wired. The Siemens has N L Lx L1 L2. How does the wiring map across ?

I've got a suspicion I may have got the wrong model because there doesn't seem to be independent hot water controls.

Thanks for your help

You are right ,it does seem to be a single channel clock or heating thermostat with com , satisfied and demand connections only ,back to the shop you go:(:(

Why not try one of the dryton range good easy to use programmers :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a room stat you could put it as a replacement for that but depends on the wiring to the stat

Just checked ,you have purchased a wireless programmable heating thermostat, you do not say what existing system programmer you have at the moment but you could keep this to control hot water and then link new unit you have through the heating side, then put old programmer to constant on heating side and control through new unit, for wiring please advise of your current mechanical programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing mechanical timeswitch with Siemens REV24RF in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock