Discuss Replacing Heat only boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EganPlumbing

Hi all,
I need to replace an Ideal mexico 65. Does 65 mean 65000 BTU's?
If so does that simply mean I could swap it for an equivalent KW boiler, what ever size that would be, I guess about 20kw-ish.
Thanks

Hi all,
I need to replace an Ideal mexico 65. Does 65 mean 65000 BTU's?
If so does that simply mean I could swap it for an equivalent KW boiler, what ever size that would be, I guess about 20kw-ish.
Thanks
Iam not sure about the 65 bit, but get your heating engineer to correctly size the boiler, some people seem to think bigger is better, a boiler that is too big wont run as it should do ,ie most efficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing Heat only boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
A (if) CH system has a very high head loss due to improperly sized pipework and long runs and possibly partially blocked pipes and requires a UPS2...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock