Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing a washer on a tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have a seriously annoying dripping tap which is getting worse. I have included some pictures.
I need to replace the washer. Has anyone came across these sorts of taps. as you can see from the picture the bath has been tiled in so I cannot get access to underneath without taking the tiles off - which would be a complete pain. Do you think the silver full unit will pull off if I use some brute force or do you think it will be screwed in fro underneath? Any advice would be much appreciated!
106359152_582522742701389_4974724060787065619_n.jpg
106382708_305908837483396_3656534257608171698_n.jpg

It's not a washer, probably a cartridge.

I would say you are going to need access to the underneath.

Personally I would be giving whoever installed that, a really good slap.

Reply to Replacing a washer on a tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
I have a Bristan Manhattan mixer tap in the kitchen. Five years ago, it started to drip. I replaced the valve in the cold water side and the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help with this. The tap is a Bristan RS BAS C, the hot tap has been leaking and I've trying to get the...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock