Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss replacing a wall hanging toilet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a problem with 2 toilets fitted to a wall with the cisterns in the wall. I would like to replace them with standard toilets but the waste pipe seems too high (around 60mm above a standard toilet) and I don't have enough slope on the waste pipe to lower it. Are there any toilets out there that have higher waste pipe connections?
Thanks
Graham

I have a problem with 2 toilets fitted to a wall with the cisterns in the wall. I would like to replace them with standard toilets but the waste pipe seems too high (around 60mm above a standard toilet) and I don't have enough slope on the waste pipe to lower it. Are there any toilets out there that have higher waste pipe connections?
Thanks
Graham
I'm thinking perhaps very old style Victorian models(that also had high up wall mounted flush box for powerful flush).

Could put the w/c on a plinth if only used by adults (not nice solution)

Silly question though. Why don't you like the wall mount. You do need solid walls and floors and the frame well fixed on. Was that the issue?

Wall mount has advantage you can change the flooring without putting the w/c out of action (depending on how many bathrooms you have)

Have you traced the waste pipe into the wall? Waste pipes must go downhill somewhere. It might just be a matter of cutting down the connector elbow/ using a smaller size. Have a look at McAlpine for different pan connectors. Personally I would avoid Flexi solutions.

If unsure, best get a Pro in to have a look.

Cheers,

Roy (rank amateur, generally armchair plumber)

I'm not sure whether you guys have them, but Care Pans.
( Before Political Correctness we called the Disabled Pans )

They are higher off the ground to the rim and had a higher waste outlet.

This may suit you because I am positive the outlet was @ 60mm higher than a standard pan.

They cost alot more than a standard pan, but may be beneficial to you due to not having to alter the waste.

I'm not sure whether you guys have them, but Care Pans.
( Before Political Correctness we called the Disabled Pans )

They are higher off the ground to the rim and had a higher waste outlet.

This may suit you because I am positive the outlet was @ 60mm higher than a standard pan.

They cost alot more than a standard pan, but may be beneficial to you due to not having to alter the waste.

Lots available in uk, but all seem to have the waste at the standard height of about 190mm (anyone found any others? )

I can only think of mounting the loo on a plinth to achieve the desired effect.

Cheers,

Roy
[automerge]1589378929[/automerge]
Lots available in uk, but all seem to have the waste at the standard height of about 190mm (anyone found any others? )

I can only think of mounting the loo on a plinth to achieve the desired effect.

Cheers

E.g.

Toilet plinths - Living made easy - https://www.livingmadeeasy.org.uk/personal%20care/toilet-plinths-1759-p/

Last edited:

Reply to replacing a wall hanging toilet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock