Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Replacing a bleed nipple in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I seem to have lost a bleed nipple from one of my rads somehow. It’s a double rad, one side of the rad has a nipple, the other is gone and I need to bleed it to stop the bubbling noise.

How can I fix this please? Is it possible to buy a new one and if so how do I know what to ask for? Is there perhaps a way to swap the one I have with the one I don't have? I suspect not, but just trying to save money. I suspect also that the fix will involve draining the whole system, would that be correct?

The rad has a TRV, maybe of I switch this off, it would help and prevent the need to drain the whole system (if that is actually requried)?

Photos show the front half of the rads which has the bleed nipple and the rear half which doesn't

BTW, I have an unvented system.

Thank you - Paul

Attachments

• IMG_4284.JPG
    IMG_4284.JPG
    291.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4285.JPG
    IMG_4285.JPG
    231.3 KB · Views: 12
You can buy a replacement bleed screw, but there are different sizes.
Either shut both radiator valves (ideally replace the TRV head with the decorators cap that would have originally been provided), remove the other bleed screw and take it along to a plumbers merchant, OR
try and identify the size you have from the selection available on-line, eg:
(NB Plenty of merchants advertising elsewhere)

Reply to Replacing a bleed nipple in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I bought the a bleed valve from S****fix about a year ago: s****fix.com/p/radiator-vent-blanking-plug-nickel-2-pack/40972 It worked fine...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved...
Replies
Views
Hi all...got some issues....drained my working ok system yesterday to upgrade some 15 to 22 on the flow and return rad circuit. Refilled and bled...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock