Search the forum,

Discuss Replaced ceramic disc but tap still leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TapsDMC

Hello All

It's 03:30 in the morning I have just joined and this is my first post. I have just given up in replacing a ceramic disc cartridge which I thought was going to be pretty straightforward but has turned in to a complete nightmare.
I have a KWC Domo single lever swivel spout kitchen tap. The tap has been leaking for a few months now from where the spout meets the body of the tap. I checked online every one was suggesting changed the disc. So ordered mine from KWC cost me a whopping £55 quid but thought it was worth it since doing job myself and new tap wil cost me 200 upwards.
So cutting it short i have changed for a new cartridge but its still leaking from the same place.
If anybody can help I would appreciate its driving me crazy.
Although I must admit it has been quite therapeutic writing here.

Have a look to see if it has got o ring seals anywhere and check them maybe worn

turn water of and enjoy your sleep :) you did not expect respond back at 3:30am did you !????

turn water of and enjoy your sleep :) you did not expect respond back at 3:30am did you !????

Hi
Thanks I did turn off and go to sleep, no O-rings just the cartridge. I have tried tightening the holding nut for the cartridge, also kept it loose with water turned on but it made no difference. I think the hex nut is what presses the cartridge down as you tighten to create a seal but I have tightened as much as I can but to no avail.

did you clean it before putting new cartridge , did you apply some silicone grease ?

Hi
Yes I applied some grease to the bottom of the cartridge and cleaned out the inside of tap to debris. Did not some marks made by previous cartridge but cleaned as much as I could.

On those kind of taps you need to remove the tap I think to gain access to the swivel O rings, don't think its the cartridge that's faulty.

On those kind of taps you need to remove the tap I think to gain access to the swivel O rings, don't think its the cartridge that's faulty.

when I did change over the cartridge I did think there wasn't much difference between old and new. The only problem I have with removing tap is that when it was installed it was fixed to the sink first then the sink was fitted in to the work top so it's impossible to reach.
I guess it's time to call in a professional!

It wiil be the o rings,have a look and see if there is a screw in the back or front of the body,this holds the spout in place

Is it only me who is thinking that it would have been cheaper to have employed the services of a plumber? :rolleyes:

It wiil be the o rings,have a look and see if there is a screw in the back or front of the body,this holds the spout in pla

ce

:iagree: , it doesn't sound like it has had anything to do with the cartridge. It's the seal between tap body and spout that is leaking. New "O" rings as glenno says.

:iagree: , it doesn't sound like it has had anything to do with the cartridge. It's the seal between tap body and spout that is leaking. New "O" rings as glenno says.

Totally agree. The cartridge was fine so I would keep the old one as a spare. The problem is with the is as mentioned above

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replaced ceramic disc but tap still leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock