Discuss Renewables-Advice wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with thermal in this country is the infestation of combi boilers, coupled with small house's and storage space being a premium.

Depends on the number of people in the house, obviously more people = more showers, baths, etc basically more hot water.

If you have an annual bill of £100.00 for all hot water needs in your home then be thankful as you don't need to look at alternatives yet.

You're lucky yours is a small figure.

I work for a company that's done comparison tests on 2 solar thermal manufacturers in 4 different configurations, with automated draw offs that simulate 2 adults and 2 children and savings are £30-£50 per annum. I'm a qualified solar engineer and could probably blag one of these systems for free but, at that rate of saving it would take 10 years to pay for my labour!!! Just not worth it in my eyes unless you go down the big thermal store / multiple renewable technologies route......just my opinion though.

Howie, the saving is gas only and its compared to a high efficiency combination boiler. Would obviously be a greater saving with off gas grid homes.

Well I've got a few systems and they're all differant set ups, all new boilers all natural gas. Total gas bills have never reached £9 a month on any and that inc cooking. One cooks on electric and highest gas bill between march and Sept for last 2 years has been £4.76

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Renewables-Advice wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the...
Replies
Views
We have just moved in to a 1934 Semi- and I am getting round a few simple DIY tasks, including a couple of plumbing-part renewals such as modern...
Replies
Views
Hi All I tried posting this already and lost post so here goes again. I'll start from the beginning so please bare with me. Few Months ago I...
Replies
Views
I am a DIYer that is looking to address piping under my en-suite floor, whilst I am undertaking a major re-ferb of the room. With reference to the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock