Discuss Renewables-Advice wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
The thermodynamic stuff looks interesting but where would you get training for it ?

Then why do they have immersion heaters built in?

Maybe to run a defrost cycle and pasteurisation cycle? Not enough info about take make judgement on it yet for me. Concept is good/interesting though.

Gents

Google thermodynamic panels, they can provide hot water 100 per cent of the time, 365 days a year, not like solar thermal, which needs the sun to generate returns.

They don't work the same as solar panels 24/7/365.

They have immersion heaters built in that are automatically controlled, you can't switch them off.

Also they are noisy so be careful who you sell them to as soon as they hear the noise they could be asking for their old cylinder back.

My problem with them is they is very little (if any) honesty in the way they are sold.

Maybe to run a defrost cycle and pasteurisation cycle? Not enough info about take make judgement on it yet for me. Concept is good/interesting though.

No, to heat the water, they are not all they appear.

Interesting points peteheat and didn't think of the noise issue associated with the compressor.

Wouldn't mind seeing a set up to cast my own judgement before suggesting them as an option to a potential customer.

Interesting points peteheat and didn't think of the noise issue associated with the compressor.

Wouldn't mind seeing a set up to cast my own judgement before suggesting them as an option to a potential customer.

Appears you think like I do, I highly recommend that course of action.

Its because its 60% of a small figure (Gas usage for DHW isnt that high annually)

Depends on the number of people in the house, obviously more people = more showers, baths, etc basically more hot water.

If you have an annual bill of ÂŁ100.00 for all hot water needs in your home then be thankful as you don't need to look at alternatives yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Renewables-Advice wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the...
Replies
Views
We have just moved in to a 1934 Semi- and I am getting round a few simple DIY tasks, including a couple of plumbing-part renewals such as modern...
Replies
Views
Hi All I tried posting this already and lost post so here goes again. I'll start from the beginning so please bare with me. Few Months ago I...
Replies
Views
I am a DIYer that is looking to address piping under my en-suite floor, whilst I am undertaking a major re-ferb of the room. With reference to the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock