Discuss Removing and replacing stopcock in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

C

Craig Mullins

Advice needed on replacing stopcock. I can’t tell what sort of pipe the mains is or how it’s been connected. The pipe appears to be metal and is almost twice the size as the main pipe work in the kitchen. The stopcock has what looks like a normal compression joint at the top to the copper piping but at the bottom it seems to merge into the big pipe via some sort of welding so I can’t easily remove it. I need to replace the stopcock as it does not shut off the water. I can share photos. The property was built in the 80s or so, so I would be surprised if the pipe was lead

If there is copper pipe above the old stopcock then just fit a new above.
Lead will show as being a shiny silver when the top is scraped with a screwdriver or knife.

Reply to Removing and replacing stopcock in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon fellow plumbers I’m new to this site, I’m just after some advice please. So I have a customer who needs his old stopcock...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, Over the weekend, my wife insisted that I cleared out a junk cupboard in our utility room, in doing so I discovered a stopcock (that we...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
  • Question
Hi, long story short, our boiler has been replaced with a combi and the loft and airing cupboard are now devoid of tanks and pipework, except...
Replies
Views
Back