Discuss Radiator thermostat leaking ? waxy stuff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi...home radiator valve ( Gold TRV GT- 15)....small leak when cold. Seems to be a green waxy material. When hot the water evaporates. Does the plastic temp control need tightening ..or a new T piece? thanks.

Hi,
sounds like you may need a little help, this could be a simple job like tightening a gland but if it breaks you'll have allot of very hot dirty water to deal with.
The head on the plastic valve will unscrew though and you can have a better look at where the leak is coming from.

Thanks...I have removed the rotary control....the brass and white plastic nuts where dirty...presumably a build up of the wax material...cleaned his and was able to ( carefully tighten the plastic nut and replace!! lets see.

I think you need a new valve. You need to register with a user name to receive replies on the forum.
Better to register and repost

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive additional answers to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator thermostat leaking ? waxy stuff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Jaga radiators (with heat-exchangers) have their own small fans, that "will modulate down when the room temperature is met – the room temperature...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Back