Discuss Rad Sizing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

westyvip

I am trying to calculate size of boiler for a 3 bed semi. Does anyone have a good site to do rad calcs. I have been on radcalcs.com, but want to compare with something else. Also, what allowances do i need to make for hot water heating? i think rads will be approx 50,000 btu but im not sure how to calculate hot water needs.

Forgive my ignorance, although i have been installing for several years, i was trained on job by old gaffer and we did alot of contracting work where calcs and spec were already sorted.....now im going it alone im trying to learn....and get things right!

Are you fitting a combi or cylinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rad Sizing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just...
Replies
Views
We're looking at a new boiler system from regular to combi because we would like to use the space where the hot water cylinder currently sits. We...
Replies
Views
H
Hi I want to move the feed to my rads , as the route is too long,this would mean leaving approx 3 m of 22 mm flow and return plpework down beside...
Replies
Views
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock