Search the forum,

Discuss Quite Late But Hi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kevin Powell

Although i joined this forum a while ago, I have recently started coming back.

My History:
I done a apprenticeship training year ago working mainly on emergancy repairs. Unfortunatly i was made redundant. I did not feel comfortable at the time working for mself. I was looking for employment everywhere but could not get anything. So i took up a job as a support worker.

However every year since i done my training i've always missed doing plumbing... So every year i would attempt to try and find employment again. And failed i found bits of work with people but they were not able to offer me a job and said they would like for me to go self emplyed.. Which scared the hell out of me..

But now i've grown up a bit. Willing to take a chance, I have now registered as self emplyed and in the process of starting my business. Im getting my name out there. Ive only got a little bit of work which is better then nothing. I am working with others in the trade, if the need a extra hand on a job like tile cutting and general labouring. To build up my contacts. While advertising myself as a plumber.

So this is me and what i've been up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Quite Late But Hi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse moves to the Midlands from Bridgewater. Meanwhile I'm doing my NVQ level 2 in plumbing. The goal of the course is Renewable Energy Engineer. I'll...
Replies
Views
I have approx 2 weeks work in kingston i need a qualified plumber to assist me with starting on the 30th may. must be self employed, own tools transport etc. good day rates paid. potential for more work after this job. please get in touch. Regards Alex
Replies
Views
Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few positions, did a bit of freelance and was continually working late hours and evenings unpaid as well as every weekend. I ended up getting burnout and...
Replies
Views
I've just had a back boiler removed and combi boiler installed and have noticed that my radiators are heating up when using the hot water. I've been told this is due to the residual heat being moved around the system once the hot water is satisfied. But the radiators are heating up as soon as i...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock