Discuss Putting a new tail into a rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marsaday

I have an old rad and am reusing it in my house. I need to get a tail into the rad, but i am struggling to get it more than 50% in due to the rad fins catching my spanner.

is there a slim line tool i can use to do this job. Some valves use an allen key i understand, but this one doesnt have one.

Never had that problem, I take it that it's a square drive tail? I tend to use a 16mm open ended spanner, sometimes it can be a chew but always get there.

Don't suppose a spark plug socket would fit?

i take the nut and olive off the tail and use a socket, rather than a spanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Putting a new tail into a rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock