Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss push button flushes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

biofish

Hey people,

Not had much practise with fitting push button (the airtube type) -
Size wise do they fit standard plastic concealed cisterns? (NHS Site)
Gotta fit around 16 and unsure of how easy in comparison to normal siphons they are to fit?

Anyone fit push buttons and can give a young'un a hand?

cheers!

yes forget air driven types,if the cable will reach fluidmaster fit once get paid forget job done:D:D:D

yes forget air driven types,if the cable will reach fluidmaster fit once get paid forget job done:D:D:D

I'd love to but I do the maintenance for the NHS sites, so I'll still be there when it goes wrong lol :p

wht not fit the flapper type these can be fitted easy andremoved as easy if any problems

Main criteria for anything I install is the ligature risk with the flush itself (rest is concealed anyway) - so a button for the flush activation is not really optional. Secondly the people using these flushes are not very strong so very light/easy to push is prefered.

Currently has buttons with mechanical levers behind it, terriblly put in and very stiff and getting worse with age.

So to recap on what I need from the end result -
1. Nothing/very little on show for flush activation (i.e handles are a no no)
2. Would be nice if I didnt have to change the cistern.
3. Easy to press to flush.
4. Given the enviroment something that will take minor abuse.

I want to make it as cheap as possible for them so if anyone has any ideas!

The tube and cable type aren't up to a lot of rough repeated use. The ones I find the most reliable are the type which sit over the syphon and press down onto the top of the syphon. Of these types there is one which holds the cistern lid onto the cistern when assembled to prevent tampering which I would probably choose.

Try the wirquinn drop valves they are a doddle to fit and good quality. I hate the ones already fitted in the cistern that you then have to trime the plastic bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to push button flushes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock