Search the forum,

Discuss problem with regular y-plan system... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aqua Tech

hi got a problem that is baffling me.

we put in a new regular boiler onto a y plan which has an old switchmaster set up. All seemed to go fine apart from a call three months later. When the heating and hot water are put on together the hot water becomes scalding?

Checked to see if it was 3 port valve but that seems to work fine, then tried a new cylinder stat and seem to still get the same problem...

THe only thing that has really changed is the wiring was moved around a slight bit because of the permenant pump live that was needed with the new boiler. Could this be the problem?

any ideas are welcomed...

wiring issue i presume, the 3 port allowing primary water to cylinder even when satisfied. check 3 port wiring, or could work properyly but the 3 port is passing, what type of 3 port, how old?

When you say you checked the 3 port what did you check as it could appear to operate but as fuzzy stated it could be passing

its a very old system master, that takes ages to click around...

i checked that when on heating only the pipes are not getting hot to the coil...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to problem with regular y-plan system... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35 years old and still working OK. It is fitted to a std 'Y' plan system with boiler in utility room and separate hot water tank, pump, valve etc in...
Replies
Views
P
I am having a new system boiler to replace very old cast iron open vented jobbie. heating engineer has offered an S plan system and a Main eco compact. My understanding is that S plan will return water at too high a temperature for boiler to run efficiently and stops weather compensation.
Replies
Views
Podengo
P
Customer complains of Intermittent heating on Y plan with Stat satisfied. New boiler fitted last year (no permanent live required or fitted previously) on an existing Y plan system. Existing timer was a Randall 103 (no hot water off position as its a timer not a programmer). The customer wanted...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't compatible with the new universal one, but the wiring was pretty close AFAICT (N, L, 1, 3 & 4 connected) .When I first powered it up but didn't have any TRVs...
Replies
Views
This sounds like an examination question but it really is a problem two different plumbers have been unable to resolve after spending several hours studying my hot water system. My flat has a vented hot water system supplying hot water to the kitchen and bathroom taps. The pump is a Stuart...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock