Discuss Problem tightening Monoblock mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 7" pair of Footprints grips are often capable of tightening the near impossible nuts

Talking of 'Footprints' I think they're an amazing tool - I still use a 7" pr that I was given when I finished C & G Plumbing (Craft level) at Herts College of Building in St Albans, that was 1983!! :)

Also got a 9" pr; simply excellent basic tool :D

Talking of 'Footprints' I think they're an amazing tool - I still use a 7" pr that I was given when I finished C & G Plumbing (Craft level) at Herts College of Building in St Albans, that was 1983!! :)

Also got a 9" pr; simply excellent basic tool :D

Yes, Footprints are a tool that can do the most awkward jobs.
I have some that must be 50 plus years old. I also found a 9” set that were below a bath installed in 1960s and clearly of that time, in brand new condition. :)
I prefer the thumb wheel versions now, as you can adjust them with one hand and to a more fine adjustment. (7” thumb wheel type is handy)

It's not that the thread doesn't quite go up far enough to allow it to clamp onto the thin steel sink is it? If so, solution is a thick washer ( a top-hat washer would be ideal).

It's not that the thread doesn't quite go up far enough to allow it to clamp onto the thin steel sink is it? If so, solution is a thick washer ( a top-hat washer would be ideal).
Thx, it maybe that alright as the nut is quite tight but there is lots of movement in the taps. Excuse my ignorance but what dia of washer should i get 34mm?

Anything with an internal diameter slightly greater than the diameter of the thread on that tap so it will fit over the thread. You'll need to measure it, I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problem tightening Monoblock mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
This is going to sound stupid - but it is giving me problems. I have fitted new flexible tap hoses that each connects with a tap hose adaptor to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I need some advise, will greatly appreciate if someone can help. My mixer tap is leaking from base want to renew it. However the tap...
Replies
Views
I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I can’t get one cartridge to budge when trying to replace in a mixer tap. The hot side cartridge was tight but removed with wrench...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock