Discuss Problem tightening Monoblock mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone, good to be here. I wonder if someone could advise me with a little issue I have. I bought a "cheap" Monobloc mixer tap and its not bad for the money......only problem is I cant get it to tighten to the sink. The nut to tighten it is 34mm and I cant get good purchase on it to tighten probably. I have done a bit of research and think I need a 34mm box spanner or a basin wrench but cant find one that size. Do they exist? Any other tips to get it to tighten. I have tried vice grips but just doesn't cut it as I dont have much room to move. Any ideas?

A good adjustable claw spanner will usually do it, but difficult to get a decent one.
A 7" pair of Footprints grips are often capable of tightening the near impossible nuts

A good adjustable claw spanner will usually do it, but difficult to get a decent one.
A 7" pair of Footprints grips are often capable of tightening the near impossible nuts
I will have a look for footprint grips but the space is a little tight.

Buy a cheap set of box spanner’s
Thx, I cant find any box spanners that fit 34mm nut
Take the sink out !
Thanks, Not an option for me as its a stainless steel sink and is all in one.

Attached is a picture of the underside so that you can get an idea of what I am working with!

View attachment 20180307_084418.jpg

Looks like quite a bit of space in that photo for to tighten the nut.
We are used to much worse.
The Footprint grips I mentioned, or for that matter, any adjustable or other spanner that you can get onto the nut, just need very tiny movements

Looks like a Commercial sink

Looks like quite a bit of space in that photo for to tighten the nut.
We are used to much worse.
The Footprint grips I mentioned, or for that matter, any adjustable or other spanner that you can get onto the nut, just need very tiny movements
Thanks. Patience as well i bet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problem tightening Monoblock mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
This is going to sound stupid - but it is giving me problems. I have fitted new flexible tap hoses that each connects with a tap hose adaptor to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I need some advise, will greatly appreciate if someone can help. My mixer tap is leaking from base want to renew it. However the tap...
Replies
Views
I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I can’t get one cartridge to budge when trying to replace in a mixer tap. The hot side cartridge was tight but removed with wrench...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock