Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure dropping new combi in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all. I'm having a problem with pressure dropping on new boiler. Currently topping up every couple of days. Roughly half a bar per day drop and mostly when heating not on. I had a few weeps at radiators which I think I've seen to and my suspicion is it's under new flooring on ground floor. Just wondering what all your professional Views are regarding leak sealers for this type of leak and warranty on boiler as I obviously don't want to start ripping up new flooring and roughly how much fresh water is going back in from top up as I'm guessing my inhibitors diluted a fair bit .

Check if it's the boiler or system by isolating flow and return at boiler with it turned off.

Is it a combi?

If its the system then find the leak and fix it. Leak sealer is only a temp measure and wouldn't be keen on adding to a combi.

One of the possible side effects of pressurising an old system is you highlight leaks or weak joints.
If it’s under the floor it’s existing pipework and not the boiler installers fault.

Thanks bud. I'm going to isolate the boiler tonight and check pressure in morning. Hopefully it's boiler. Don't fancy ripping new floor up. Could cut hatch in hall but I dont't think there's enough crawl space under joists. Could try remote control car with a camera stuck on🤣

Reply to Pressure dropping new combi in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system. The boiler has been loosing pressure...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old people. Out here competence and integrity is harder to come by in a worker, in fact it's hard to find workers at all where we are in the countryside...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is losing pressure. It is about 5 years old Vaillant combi boiler, we have just had 2 vertical radiator removed and refitted for decorating and now the pressure keeps dropping approx once a week. I guess a leak under the floor is possible, or trapped...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains pressure. I bought it hoping I could have two showers across floors running with hot water even if it’s a short while, while avoiding an unvented...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock