Search the forum,

Discuss Power Flushing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bob the plumber

Do you guys power flush on every boiler installation? I know you should but lets face it, many systems in particular sealed ones 90% dont build up with and debris.

The reason i ask is that my cousin has been in contact with me regarding there boiler that had broken down. Apparently there local engineer (I live far away from them) has told them its duff having been paid £200 to fix 2 leaks on the jig last month. Anyway hes quoted 2k to flush system, swap the boiler and fit a magnaclean and to be honest knowing that the system in there home is in copper and has always been a sealed system I believe that most of the work is completley un-necessary to get it up and running albeit flushing part of the boiler installation and warranty requirement? Whats wrong with a drain down and a quick mains flush if anything? When I Went to college one teacher in particular used to say how his system has never been flushed and had never been dosed with inhibitor in the entire 15 years his boiler was in and it never broke down, and he never had a problem, he simply wanted a more efficient model in the end so replaced it.

Anyway on another note, fixed a boiler today which british gas had failed to find the fault on, they quoted over 600 pound to flush, when all i did was clean the gauze in the return jig valve behind the pump. Customer had told me they rang them on the new breakdown scheme they have that offers a breakdown fix for a remarkable £69!!!! what a load of rubbish that is apparently thats only for the first hour then for the second it goes to £193 lol, wondered how they were doing it so cheap

It's just that power flushing is now a British Standard requirement on all new installation as well as a condition of complying with a manufacturer's warranty. Not power flushing the system on new installation will invalidate that warranty.

True, manufacturers require a system to be 'flushed' not 'power-flushed' before any new boiler is installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power Flushing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Mother-in-law was quoted £1,000 by British Gas to do a power flush on her system as her rads aren't performing well. I was wondering, as 4...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the...
Replies
Views
I get orange spots when washing clothes. Please see photo. I think it is rust. I’ve checked there’s no metal in the machine. I have also run...
Replies
Views
In December 2022 (i.e. 5 months ago) I had a full system power flush conducted. Now the previously clear UFH flow gauges are black again. Is it...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone offer me advice, I’ll try and keep it short! Just cleaned my magma cleanse unit, and it wasn’t too bad since last boiler service 1...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock