Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating cleaner removal in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
Can anyone offer me advice, I’ll try and keep it short!
Just cleaned my magma cleanse unit, and it wasn’t too bad since last boiler service 1 yr ago. I have had a blockage in a microbore pipe which has been cleared. For piece of mind I thought it would be a good idea to add some MC3+ cleaner. Once that had been in system for approx 1 week is it ok to drain down system, refill and run for say 1hour, then drain down, refill and add MC1+?
Will above remove enough cleaner to enable MC1+ to work? Or does system have to be flushed?
Thanks

A bit of residual cleaner left in the system isn't going to adversly affect the PH of any inhibitor added later. By all means rinse the system if it's particularly dirty but if it isn't I'd just refill it and add the inhibitor.

A bit of residual cleaner left in the system isn't going to adversly affect the PH of any inhibitor added later. By all means rinse the system if it's particularly dirty but if it isn't I'd just refill it and add the inhibitor.
Thank you thats good to know. In my case I removed the cleaner by systematically going round each downstairs radiator that had a drain valve on whilst leaving the system filling up in the header tank and the central heating 'on' and circulating. I did this as previously when I drained the system fully I had terrible problems with air locks on filling up. Unfortunately a few radiators dont have drain valves so I did not drain these, I guessed as I left the central heating on and circulating it would sort of get the cleaner out!
Took me all day so there was a lot of water flowing !
Was my theory flawed!
Thank you.

Sounds like an awful lot of agro and water. Might be worth installing a drain cock and auto air vent or two.
Yes it was very time consuming and used a lot of water (and I am on a water meter!), but I thought I had the time to do it.
Thanks for the advice about the drain cock and auto air vents - will look into these.

Reply to Central heating cleaner removal in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock