Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Power Flush... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexGas

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I use Power Flush FX2 and the crystals to clean the CH pipe work. I find that it takes ages to get the dump water clear. It took me less than 20 min to do the job by using mains cold water pushing all the dirty water out. 2-3 min per rad, job’s done. OK, it’s a bit of waste of water… What are your thoughts on this one? Does anyone else has the same procedure?
Here the set up I had:

mains.jpg

I think you need a quick revision of water regs re contaminating the mains supply!!!!!!!!!

I've got gallons on Fernox F5 in the garage if you want to try??

By the way, a boiler in this house was off for the last 2 years. Dead. How about that!?

OK, bad idea, I'll stick to plan A.

No, in the right circumstances a mains flush is a good option. Just stick a double-check valve into your rig so you can't get any backflow from the CH system into mains.

As for how good it is compared to a full flush with FX2, in my experience mains flush will only wash out loose debris. For hard, caked-on magnetite, chemicals, preferably with heat and agitation do a much more thorough job.

Horses for courses. Understand all the techniques approved in BS7593:2006 and apply according to your judgement.

If you haven't done so, download the instructions from Kamco's website or go on their training. You basically do a mains flush through the machine before you start the chemical flush anyway!

Last edited by a moderator:
I always use Kamco machine with magnetite set up. All I wanted is to speed up the final dump.

Does anyone do the dreaded - Take each rad off & flush them outside with the mains & a garden hose? Then, flush the pipes as OP?
I used Fernox F5 on a job & left it in full period. Then went back & lifted all rads off & hosed them out. I honesty don't think a power flusher would have removed the dirt as well. 3bar mains into bottom of empty rad & also turning the rad over a few times with some water in it seems to clean it well.

Does anyone do the dreaded - Take each rad off & flush them outside with the mains & a garden hose? Then, flush the pipes as OP?
I used Fernox F5 on a job & left it in full period. Then went back & lifted all rads off & hosed them out. I honesty don't think a power flusher would have removed the dirt as well. 3bar mains into bottom of empty rad & also turning the rad over a few times with some water in it seems to clean it well.

Nope, not me.

Nope, not me.

Go on! Be brave! :smile:
Honestly, - on some houses removing rads method is quicker than proper power flush I bet. Certainly no slower from what I see. I also reckon if after some power flushing is done and a rad is removed, there will be crud still in it.

Honestly, - on some houses removing rads method is quicker than proper power flush I bet. Certainly no slower from what I see. I also reckon if after some power flushing is done and a rad is removed, there will be crud still in it.

Just invest in a Power flush kit.

Bugger that.. I imagine black sludge spurting out over walls & carpets :( plus it gives me a bad back just thinking about the concept!!

Bugger that.. I imagine black sludge spurting out over walls & carpets :( plus it gives me a bad back just thinking about the concept!!

Depends on the house, - if it is all white carpets etc, then I would be wary to lift rads off. But if it's mainly tiled or wood floors, then no worries.
Sure you can drain the system first, then put plugs on rad rails if it is too risky.
Does really need two people to lift rads off, although I have done a few by myself. Must admit it's not worth a sore back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power Flush... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock