Discuss Power Flush... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexGas

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I use Power Flush FX2 and the crystals to clean the CH pipe work. I find that it takes ages to get the dump water clear. It took me less than 20 min to do the job by using mains cold water pushing all the dirty water out. 2-3 min per rad, job’s done. OK, it’s a bit of waste of water… What are your thoughts on this one? Does anyone else has the same procedure?
Here the set up I had:

mains.jpg

OK, bad idea, I'll stick to plan A.

No, in the right circumstances a mains flush is a good option. Just stick a double-check valve into your rig so you can't get any backflow from the CH system into mains.

As for how good it is compared to a full flush with FX2, in my experience mains flush will only wash out loose debris. For hard, caked-on magnetite, chemicals, preferably with heat and agitation do a much more thorough job.

Horses for courses. Understand all the techniques approved in BS7593:2006 and apply according to your judgement.

If you haven't done so, download the instructions from Kamco's website or go on their training. You basically do a mains flush through the machine before you start the chemical flush anyway!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power Flush... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock