Discuss Potterton promax in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesyGoosey1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Been to this today a previous ''engineer '' who went out to it the day before diagnosed the fault as a gas valve!!!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 55
had one that melted the case mate .gasman loves these boilers

this was it mate

Attachments

• baxi 1.jpg
    baxi 1.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 43
  • baxi 3.jpg
    baxi 3.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 38
I remeber seeing that when u posted it mate Think it's only cause it got picked up on early or think they would have the the same

the burner can lift when fan is running at max I now take the covers off iso the gas and switch on tapping the ceramic burner to make sure it does not lift now on every service

burner is quite expensive but I was surprised how cheap the sump was

There was a good article somewhere on here I think gasman might have put it up about the burner lifting and been an inferno

the burner can lift when fan is running at max I now take the covers off iso the gas and switch on tapping the ceramic burner to make sure it does not lift now on every service

never worked on one of these but this is scary, Am I missing something here, are you saying the actual burner lifts or the gas off it ?

never worked on one of these but this is scary, Am I missing something here, are you saying the actual burner lifts or the gas off it ?

the ceramic plate comes out of the metal holder - the one I pictured lifted at the corner thus burning case

That's the old felt burner not the ceramic I'm surprised it lasted this long before going they usually Frey and dry the case seals out then trip the overheat stat.

believe it or not they are a piece of urine to work on if you replace the sump care full when you drop it out there is a 2 part divider tucked up behind the front part of the heat exchanger if the sides of them are gritty they are stiff to push back up quick clean and some silicone grease will sort that though and be uber gental replacing sump gasket it won't take much to stretch it out of shape

I've priced a new boiler for them going to upgrade to a combi I just can't believe someone went out to it yesterday and said it was the gas valve they can't have stripped it down that's all I can think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton promax in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello Wondering if anyone can offer any clues please // Potterton Promax 18 // Had an E1 error code, repressurised via with filling loop //...
Replies
Views
Hiya fellow gas engineer. Need some help on this boiler fault. Went out to this E133 Error on a Potterton Titanium 24 (GC: 47-393-39) I checked...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hoping to check if I have a genuine fault, or something I've overlooked. I've just moved into a my first house with a conventional...
Replies
Views
Back