Currently reading:
Potterton promax

Discuss Potterton promax in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesyGoosey1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Been to this today a previous ''engineer '' who went out to it the day before diagnosed the fault as a gas valve!!!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 55
the burner can lift when fan is running at max I now take the covers off iso the gas and switch on tapping the ceramic burner to make sure it does not lift now on every service

the burner can lift when fan is running at max I now take the covers off iso the gas and switch on tapping the ceramic burner to make sure it does not lift now on every service

never worked on one of these but this is scary, Am I missing something here, are you saying the actual burner lifts or the gas off it ?

That's the old felt burner not the ceramic I'm surprised it lasted this long before going they usually Frey and dry the case seals out then trip the overheat stat.

believe it or not they are a piece of urine to work on if you replace the sump care full when you drop it out there is a 2 part divider tucked up behind the front part of the heat exchanger if the sides of them are gritty they are stiff to push back up quick clean and some silicone grease will sort that though and be uber gental replacing sump gasket it won't take much to stretch it out of shape

I've priced a new boiler for them going to upgrade to a combi I just can't believe someone went out to it yesterday and said it was the gas valve they can't have stripped it down that's all I can think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton promax in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock