Discuss Potterton Prima 80F. Will not light but does if i pinch red tube to aps. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Went to this boiler, it had been working intermittently now it will not light at all.

the pas will click, the fan will spin for a second then stop. The boiler does not light.

Replaced APS, still no joy.

If i pinch the red tube the boiler lights up fine and runs until i let go.

Any ideas???

Been told it can't be the fan if it runs fine when i get it going.

PCB is apparently all thats left to??

PCB.......if anyone is interested.....that'll be a no then :)

Is that the boiler with the little brass bit in the aps tube as I've had a few of them block. A couple of minutes in boiling water and a squirt with airspray usually sorts it.

Went to this boiler, it had been working intermittently now it will not light at all.

the pas will click, the fan will spin for a second then stop. The boiler does not light.

Replaced APS, still no joy.

If i pinch the red tube the boiler lights up fine and runs until i let go.

Any ideas???

Been told it can't be the fan if it runs fine when i get it going.

PCB is apparently all thats left to??

Just put a peg on the red tube the new.

Always the PCB, usually failed solder joint where the Molex connector pushes on. Anyone every successfully resoldered one of these joints?

Is that the boiler with the little brass bit in the aps tube as I've had a few of them block. A couple of minutes in boiling water and a squirt with airspray usually sorts it.
was going to say as well is this the one with the liittle piece of metal with a pin hole in the aps tube could be last person has taken it off and not refitted it or blocked .

Is the fan loosing voltage, if it's not, fan could be going faulty.
It's worth checking just to rule it out

Check fan resistance , does it run freely, when you spin it with your finger

The fan was running freely, not that old.

Apologies for the slow update. It was the PCB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Prima 80F. Will not light but does if i pinch red tube to aps. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for someone who can please help solve this problem and fix our boiler. Staffs area. CH seems fine. Boiler can be coaxed into full...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
    • Optimistic
Hi, I've got a ferroli 901 boiler, I initially thought the pcb was at fault so bought a new one and I'm having the same problem ( has been...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I have an issue with my potterton prima boiler and would love some help. It works fine when either CH or HW are on but when they are...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock