Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Duo-Tec Combi 33 HE DHW Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,
Looking for someone who can please help solve this problem and fix our boiler.
Staffs area.

CH seems fine. Boiler can be coaxed into full burn with the fan spinning at full speed, so I think everythings fine on the gas/air/flue/condensate side of things.

If there is DHW demand on the boiler, the hall effect sensors comes on (red neon lights up) and the green DHW LED comes on. The pump runs and either:
  • The boiler ignites but the boiler doesn't reach more than ~33° and the water is tepid at best
  • The boiler refuses to ignite at all
If the boiler is hot from CH demand, it either quickly cools down with DHW demand until it reaches ~20° and then ignites but doesn't go full flame and the fan doesn't spin at full speed. It struggles to reach and maintain a temperature in the thirties. Less often, it doesn't ignite at all.

(cont'd)
The 3-way/diverter valve seems to be working. If I let everything cool down and then demand DHW, the CH outlet and return stay cool. I'm guessing it's safe to say, that the heat exchanger plate is in good order as the boiler cools down so quickly when switching from CH to DHW. (We can get hot water for a few seconds this way, which I guess is the residual CH heat being drawn off the boiler)

I've check resistance of DHW temperature sensor and that seems, as far as I can tell, pretty much bang on spec. There are no fault codes.

Last week condensate pipe froze up. There was a blockage at the end (organic material from the gutter it's drained into) which I think contributed. The boiler was, from time-to-time alerting E133. I removed the condensate pipe and drained the boiler into a bucket. It worked well enough after that for us both to take hot showers. I've since replaced the condensate pipe, and this DHW situation started. I can hear water trickling down into the condensate pipe with CH demand so I'm confident that's all working as it should be and there's no blockage in the trap.

Reply to Baxi Duo-Tec Combi 33 HE DHW Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

What is the boiler flow temperature required to flag this 2965 fault code?. This, I believe, is a blocking code that trips the burner but when/if it resets. the burner will refire without any boiler reset? If this fault code is up while in CH mode and there is a demand for HW, will the boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I wanted to ask is there a function to remove air from a Baxi duo tec combi 24 HE A. If there is can some one kindly tell me the procedure. Looking online i found on newer baxi boilers that you turn the heating knob all the way back (12-oclock) anti-clockwise and then 2 quarter...
Replies
Views
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B, heating mode off, DHW on or also in standby, Boiler shows no fault LED on, no new fault logged, room thermostat deactivated. Boiler gets odd attacks of suddenly turning on the fan 100%, then (gas valve and ignition are clicking?) potentially tries to...
Replies
Views
Baxi Duo Tec 28 Hot Water Issue. Hi, I have a Nazi duo tec 28. I’m having an issue with my hot water. If the CH is on, and I turn on the hot water I get warm/tepid water provided the HW temperature dial is set about 3o’clock. If it’s set any higher, I get an E28 fault, and my water goes cold...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
A
Hia, I have a baxi instant combi boiler the hot water doesn't work at all. No faults showing. The only way I can get it to work is by putting the 'preheat' on....as soon as the preheat reaches the correct temperature the water goes cold and I have to wait for it to cool down so I can put the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock