Discuss potterton performa 30he problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solorider

i have a potterton performa 30he combi boiler,and it has a problem,it keeps coming up with a pump/water pressure warning,if the contact switch above the diverter valve is held up the boiler works as it should,the problem also affects the hot water as well,the plunger in the diverter valve does not seem to be working.i have had a new pump and diverter valve fitted and a new diaphram in the DHW as well,i cannot afford to keep spending on this boiler and i have no heating

not sure why you have had a new diverter as baxi make refurb kits for them sounds to me like sludge in the flowswitch housing post your location up on the need a plumber section someone on here may be local to you and sort the problem out

not sure why you have had a new diverter as baxi make refurb kits for them sounds to me like sludge in the flowswitch housing post your location up on the need a plumber section someone on here may be local to you and sort the problem out
i tried a repair kit first,the part at the back was not very good and replacement was required,the plunger was stuck and there was damage on the plunger

Filter on the inlet manifold that will reduce the flow if blocked.

All points to a Blocked Heat Exchanger, Your Boiler has 3. ..Best advice get some one in who knows his stuff or go for a fixed price repair...Plenty of life in the old Dog yet

Poxi you were right,it was a blocked main heat exchanger,thanks to all that replied and much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to potterton performa 30he problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock