Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Plinth heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stocksie

what do you lads think of these, the type that are connected to the heating with a small fan on them not the sole elec ones ?

I'm thinking of connecting it to the wiring centre so it will come on when the zone valve opens.

Do they throw out alot of heat ?

They're okay IMO. If they're the only option it usually means the kitchen is small enough to be heated by one or two. Usually about 3kw aren't they?

You won't be able to run it through the wiring centre!! It will be at least 2kw for an electrically heated one, you'll need a dedicated supply for it.

The fan assisted versions that connect to the heating system work pretty well in small-ish kitchens.

what do you lads think of these, the type that are connected to the heating with a small fan on them not the sole elec ones ?

I'm thinking of connecting it to the wiring centre so it will come on when the zone valve opens.

Do they throw out alot of heat ?
Myson wet kickspace heater (not electrical heating)
They are good, fast warm up & fan option for summer. No need to wire into the heating controls (just a fused spur) they have a thermistor which senses the temperature of the water running through the unit so they will not run the fan until the heating is switched on.

Chris Watkins , that sounds perfect.

I didn't mean an electric one, I'm a spark and well aware electric heating is crap, I did mention that in my OP.

I'll take a look atthe the Myson ones thanks

Fitted one of the Myson ones the other week. To a kitchen/utility.

Belts out loads of heat. Not cheap for what they are though!

Oh, no not a sparks, if I had only known!!! you know the drill stocksie it's the law I have to make some sort of comment !! LOL
Cos you need all the help you can get - please find below an alternative to the Myson ones, I have not used these but remembered someone else started to do them & as it is Smiths you will probably get a better deal through your merchant. As far as I know they work the same ? Any one know any different ?

Space Saver Plinth Heater Fan Convectors - Smith's Environmental Products

Are these ok of a combi or not?

I'll take a look at them , cheers

There are a few different makes, all work much the same, but come with different outputs. As said, you plumb them in and the fan kicks in and out on a stat. You have a switch for changing the speeds or turning it off.

You can also get room stats for them so they shut the fan down when room gets up to temp.

Fans get noisy after a while though.

Myson wet kickspace heater (not electrical heating)
They are good, fast warm up & fan option for summer. No need to wire into the heating controls (just a fused spur) they have a thermistor which senses the temperature of the water running through the unit so they will not run the fan until the heating is switched on.
i think the myson heaters are great would reccomend anytime in a kitchen

Thanks then thats great.
I can service the fan myself being a blasted spark :tongue:
The myson wall switch just looks like a 2 gang switch, we're going for flatplate accesories so I'll just get one to match and get it engraved with on/off , hi,lo etc.

I'm piping it in 22 and manifolds with 10 mm so will tee off the 22 and take 2 x 15s to the plinth heater. I like the neatness of the pipes coming from behind the rads to the TRV's befor you ask. Its all lagged, even the 10 mm as I got hold of 300mm of 10 mm lagging for nowt.

Thanks for the advice

WE fit loads of this type of kitchen heater - with the modern 'living kitchens'
which are now the home hub our well heeled customers love them - no 'nasty white
rads' - but they kick out plenty of heat for 'Tabaitha and Jollian' to play with their
lego on the kitchen - fake marble/limestone floor.

just charge loads to fit them ----------centralheatking

Noisy fans...

fitted loads, there ok. Have never seen the point to most ive fitted as the kitchens wernt big enough to really need heating tbh.

When we work in Northern Ireland you are correct - Jon Cropp and I
meet up at the hotel in Carrigfurgus - near the power station and do our thing after
a few drinks of course
Thought Tabaitha was your weekend name ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plinth heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock