Discuss Plastic pipes ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a fair number of drifted fittings from someone a few years ago.
All unused brand new condition & heavy.
A real shame, but just put them in the scrap box!
Did the same with a load of fittings, mostly unused, that a very elderly man give me. Had lots of "new" imperial Yorkshire 3/4" tees, copper traps & things I never expected to see new. Such good quality large & heavy fittings! Also had a British made black W.C. cistern from the 50s/early60s still in it's cardboard box. All brass works Inc the o/f standpipe, except the syphon. But what struck me was the cistern handle quality - it was a large heavy chromed brass handle (with brass link bar etc) & the handle was still in it's protective gum it had been dipped in. Nowadays it's a cheap chromed plastic handle thrown in a bag along with all the other cistern tat!

Last edited:
ive been a fan of manifolds since plastic came in we used to bring the main in below the bath and run every thing out from there usually just one tee on the hot below the boiler for the kitchen

I think it is actually immoral to use cheap materials on a job where the customer is prepared to pay for better quality stuff. Seems bad to, for example, use plastic fittings & pipe on a small alteration to a nice quality all copper heating system.
Hate also all this "throw it in a skip" mentality on a lot of house fixing & clearing out programmes on tv these days.

On a contract basis we get less problems with plastic than copper,we have been using poly pipe barrier pipe(white fittings) and got to say it is good kit,with the manifold you use very few fittings

i dont use manifolds very offten on heatings done in 10mm plastic on my newbuilds. Yon can only run the 10mm for about 5m so it makes using manifolds problematic unless all the rads are near each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plastic pipes ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi folks I need to fit a kitchen monobloc tap temporarily. A new sink unit will be going in soon so this will just be a stop gap. The current...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I waited a while before I posted this as I wanted to see how long the issue would go on for. There is a whistling sound from the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My partner and I recently bought a house and have been attempting to make the bathroom less fugly. I was removing the bath and shower...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock