Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Plasterboard frames for blind. What screws? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I hope someone can help

I'm trying to put some verticle blinds up in my new build flat.

I feel the wall is plasterboard above where i need to attach the blinds rail. (Inside the frame)

What screws would I need to attach this ?

Below ifsa pic of one of the windoes

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230810_131328_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20230810_131328_Video Player.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 17
It looks like those doors open inwards, if you attach a blind inside the reveal I don’t think the door will open.
Better off fitting it to the flat part of the wall above the opening.

It looks like those doors open inwards, if you attach a blind inside the reveal I don’t think the door will open.
Better off fitting it to the flat part of the wall above the opening.

Good point I didn't think of that.

But I have other bedroom windows aswell... so switch screws would I need ?

As above.

You'll likely have a steel lintel behind the plasterboard too which will be fun. Just pay a handyman it will be much better than spending a ton of money on drills and metal screws or messing it up and having to redecorate

As above.

You'll likely have a steel lintel behind the plasterboard too which will be fun. Just pay a handyman it will be much better than spending a ton of money on drills and metal screws or messing it up and having to redecorate

I have a metal detector or stud detector as you call it...also drill and all rhe bits etc.

Or expanding toggles

Reply to Plasterboard frames for blind. What screws? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys I am putting some blinds up. Which screws/all plugs are best for plasterboard window frames ?? I've got stud detector, drills etc as...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This...
Replies
Views
Hi all Plumber who fitted shower frame didnt put sealent behind frame to tray before fitting frame. Now leaks when water gets into frame and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to remove some radiators for redecorating and went to try and shut off the valves either side of my rad. I have TRV on one side and on...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Shower is leaking into downstairs when water is being aimed at wall . All sealant has been redone on outside and between shower tray and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock