Search the forum,

Discuss Plasterboard frames for blind. What screws? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I hope someone can help

I'm trying to put some verticle blinds up in my new build flat.

I feel the wall is plasterboard above where i need to attach the blinds rail. (Inside the frame)

What screws would I need to attach this ?

Below ifsa pic of one of the windoes

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230810_131328_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20230810_131328_Video Player.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 15
It looks like those doors open inwards, if you attach a blind inside the reveal I don’t think the door will open.
Better off fitting it to the flat part of the wall above the opening.

It looks like those doors open inwards, if you attach a blind inside the reveal I don’t think the door will open.
Better off fitting it to the flat part of the wall above the opening.

Good point I didn't think of that.

But I have other bedroom windows aswell... so switch screws would I need ?

As above.

You'll likely have a steel lintel behind the plasterboard too which will be fun. Just pay a handyman it will be much better than spending a ton of money on drills and metal screws or messing it up and having to redecorate

As above.

You'll likely have a steel lintel behind the plasterboard too which will be fun. Just pay a handyman it will be much better than spending a ton of money on drills and metal screws or messing it up and having to redecorate

I have a metal detector or stud detector as you call it...also drill and all rhe bits etc.

Or expanding toggles

Reply to Plasterboard frames for blind. What screws? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock